Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Zoya Naked Manicure Review

I have never really loved the look of French manicures on my own nails. For as long as I've been doing nail art, I've had terribly stained nails. I wear dark colors; I swatch a lot; sometimes I don't bother with a base coat. And, to top it all off, I accidentally sliced a very noticeable chunk out of my middle nail a few weeks back.

So, when Zoya announced that their new Naked Manicure collection would correct these problems, I was skeptical. But I decided to give the products a try anyway, and I was beyond impressed with the results.

My nails before using the Naked Manicure system

Zoya Naked Manicure
My nails after using the Naked Manicure system



Looking at my bare nails, it's easy to see just how discolored they've become, especially toward the tips. The missing piece of my middle nail, despite looking much better than it did a few weeks back, is also clearly visible.

However, after I applied a coat of Zoya Anchor, two coats of the Lanvender Perfector, one coat of the Pink Perfector, two coats of the Tip Perfector on the free edge of my nail, and a coat of the Satin Seal top coat, I could see a significant improvement in the appearance of my nails.

Zoya Naked Manicure

The Lavender Perfector neutralized the yellowing of my nails, and the Pink Perfector gave them the appearance of being bright and healthy. Since the Tip Perfector is a sheer white that isn't as bright as a traditional French tip polish and the Satin Seal top coat provides a semi-matte finish, my nails seem more natural than they would with regular French tips. My favorite benefit of the Naked Manicure system, though, is that the combination of the polishes makes it impossible to tell that a piece of my nail is missing.

Additionally, all of the polishes applied easily, and the perfectors dried quickly. The Satin top coat took a bit longer to dry, and I'd recommend waiting for it to dry for at least twenty minutes to prevent denting. I ended up taking the polish off after four days, but I had only experienced some minimal chipping on one nail.

While you may not need all the polishes in the Naked Manicure set, I think it's definitely worth picking up a few of the products if you want to create more natural-looking French manicures. The Lavender Perfector, especially, would be a great investment to layer under your current French base if you want to cover up any yellowing of your nails.

Zoya Naked Manicure

No comments:

Post a Comment